Firstly, I need to state the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
My Blog’s Story
I started my blog in October 2014, but its story began a long time before that. Ever since I can remember my parents have talked to me about being ‘a light in the darkness’. “The world is full of darkness, but you can be a light and you can encourage others to come out of the darkness too”, they would tell me. I have always loved to write so when I first heard of the opportunity to start a blog, I knew it was something I wanted to do. Now I use words to try and change the world. I write stories and poems and articles about current affairs and I share what I believe and what I love. I am passionate about trying to make a difference and I hope that, in some small way, I am.
My Advice To New Bloggers
- The most important piece of advice I have for you, newbie to the blogosphere, is that you have a voice! Never forget that. You have an amazing tool at your disposal. You can say something extraordinary, you can spread a message of hope and joy, you can reach out to people all around the world, you have incredible potential.
2. Be honest. Be yourself, admit what you struggle with. I find this difficult at times, but I’ve realized that it makes you a better person. Readers respect you for being honest, perhaps different to everyone else. Different is cool, normal is boring.
Finally, I nominate these people: