In my recent post I talked about an urban music and spoken word poetry performance I am going to be a part of very soon. Well, I’m here with an update on that!
- The performance is on Thursday and I am SO excited.
- I went to London for the rehearsals last week and it was AMAZINGGGGG!
- I have two solos.
- I am performing two very poignant, topical spoken word pieces written by yours truly.
- At the rehearsal I spent a hardcore one and a half hours with a spoken word poet learning everything you need to know about performing.
- I spent another hour running through the whole thing with the rest of the group who are sharing all different genres of music, but all with an urban twist – rap, acapella, reggae, etc.
- I am basically the complete polar opposite of the word urban #countrygirrrrl so I went to the rehearsals in my wellies. Picture below!
Stay tuned for photos of the actual performance coming soon! Oh, and wish me luck, my friends! *dances* *practices like crazyyyyy*